Common Justice is seeking an experienced graphic design and digital media generalist who will report to the Director of Communications.
Senior Manager of Digital Media Engagement
Common Justice develops and advances solutions to violence that transforms the lives of those harmed and fosters racial equity without relying on incarceration. Locally, we operate the first alternative-to-incarceration and victim-service programs in the United States to focus on violent felonies in adult courts. Nationally, we leverage the lessons from our direct service to transform the justice system through partnerships, advocacy, and elevating the experience and power of those most impacted. Rigorous and hopeful, we build practical strategies to hold people accountable for harm, break cycles of violence, and secure safety, healing, and justice for survivors and their communities.
Common Justice’s work includes broad narrative-shifting efforts to support changes in both policy and culture. The organization is committed to telling the truth about violence—about the people who survive it, the people who cause it, and the strategies that will work to end it. The communications work creates and deploys broad new platforms to elevate the voices and leadership of those impacted by violence from the block to the Capitol.
Common Justice is seeking an experienced graphic design and digital media generalist who will report to the Director of Communications. The ideal candidate will maximize our ability to build a digital base, think critically and creatively about digital media strategies and campaigns, promote innovative thinking in the alternative to incarceration and victim services field, and create opportunities for productive communication between advocates, activists, healers, and survivors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create precise, concise, and modern designs that align with our branding aesthetic;
- Expand our brand, including impactful and fit-for-purpose publications, web and social media graphics, and merchandise;
- Ensure our communication outputs are of a high standard, while responding to the needs of target audiences and key stakeholders;
- Ensure that social media content on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media mediums are regularly updated in order to maximize the impact of our social media presence;
- Raise social media awareness, increase followers, and build a movement focused on alternatives to incarceration, and new methods of addressing violence;
- Update and maintain Common Justice’s website;
- Design and produce monthly emails to Common Justice’s listserv; produce monthly reports regarding open- and-click-rates; present and execute plans to increase both;
- Collaborate on the production of both print materials and products, including the ability to create and manage effective production calendars, as well as develop and maintain ongoing relationships with consultants/ vendors.
Common Justice seeks a candidate with the following qualities, skills and experience:
- At least 4 years professional experience in graphic design and digital media, as well as experience with digital/print/video media relations;
- A passion for, and working knowledge of social justice issues, particularly criminal legal reform issue;
- BA/BS degree Communications, Digital Media, Public Relations or equivalent field (candidates without formal education will be considered based on experience and portfolio);
- Experience in layout, design, website development, social media and creative writing;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design social media campaigns with measurable results;
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute strategy;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media;
- Extensive experience with the full Adobe Creative Suite – including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional;
- Working knowledge of industry leading software, technologies, and platforms, including a generalized web facility (defined here as the ability to navigate, use and troubleshoot online tools and platforms such as social media, Squarespace, Sprout, and MailChimp);
- Ability to present new design and campaign concepts verbally and visually to leadership and stakeholders.
Salary is commensurate with experience within Common Justice’s pay range of $71,000 - $77,000 for a Senior Manager position. A competitive benefits package is provided, including medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, retirement 401 (k), and substantial vacation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating where you found this position to [email protected]. Please include “Senior Manager of Digital Media Engagement” in the subject line of your email.
Common Justice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status. Common Justice values diverse experiences, including educational background and justice system involvement. We depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.