Common Justice is seeking a detail oriented person to join their growing team as Operations Coordinator.
Common Justice develops and advances solutions to violence that transform the lives of those harmed and foster racial equity without relying on incarceration. Locally, we operate the first alternative to incarceration and victim service program in the United States to focus on violent felonies in the adult courts. Nationally, we leverage the lessons from our direct service to transform the justice system through partnerships, advocacy, and elevating the experience and power of those most impacted. Rigorous and hopeful, we build practical strategies to hold people accountable for harm, break cycles of violence, and secure safety, healing and justice for survivors and their communities.
The Operations Coordinator will support Common Justice as part of a team responsible for operations, finance, and administration. They will report directly to the Assistant Director of Operations. This position is mostly on-site and in-person (60-80%), though there is some opportunity for remote work. On-site attendance for this job will be primarily in Brooklyn, and travel to our Bronx office will also be expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assisting with the onboarding & offboarding of staff – includes IT/phone setup & orientation, facilities (key fobs, alarm, space reservations, etc.).
· Review and resolve staff IT support requests with the support of our outsourced IT provider,
· Maintain inventory of IT equipment and liaise with IT vendor for necessary maintenance,
· Manage and maintain digital subscriptions on behalf of the organization.
Office Management and Facilities
· Maintain high-functioning offices - which includes daily maintenance of appearance of common areas and meeting spaces, overseeing office supply orders and inventory, as well as equipment and appliances – includes the coordination repairs, cleanings, and improvements -- consulting with the Assistant Director of Operations, as needed,
· Manage keycards and office security systems,
· Serve as an active member of CJ’s Re-opening Committee, assisting with our continued efforts to create and maintain an office environment that is safe for our staff, clients, and community members.
· Update the Operations Process Manual and support program staff with process questions,
· Provide general office management support (e.g., addressing external information requests via phone and email, sorting and routing mail, running logistics for org-wide events, etc.)
· Support travel bookings, when needed,
· Maintain the organization’s calendar including but not limited to events, holidays, and payroll dates,
· Other administrative duties and special projects, as assigned.
· Deposit checks, process invoices in bill.com, support expense reporting and credit card coding, and other general finance transactions,
· Manage petty cash and MetroCard distribution (includes reconciliation process),
· Maintain contracts & file documents submitted by vendors, consultants, and contractors – securing W-9s, contact information, remittance info, etc.,
· Support tracking of professional development and wellness budgets.
· 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in an administrative/operations role,
· Excellent interpersonal, organization, and time management skills,
· IT fluency and familiarity with Microsoft Office and SharePoint,
· Dependable, with a healthy work ethic and personal integrity,
· Can work independently, and knows when to seek support,
· Creative, flexible, and willing to learn.
Operations roles can vary widely, and we recognize that no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Salary is within Common Justice’s pay range of $55,000 - $61,000 for a Coordinator-level position. A competitive benefits package is provided, including medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, retirement 401(k), and substantial vacation. Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] using the subject line “Ops Coordinator – FirstName LastName”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis – early submission is encouraged.