Common Justice seeks an experienced Design and Digital Media professional with a passion for social justice who is eager to strengthen the digital profile of Common Justice, which develops and advances solutions to violence that transform the lives of those harmed and foster racial equity without relying on incarceration. Locally, we operate the first alternative to incarceration and victim service program in the United States to focus on violent felonies in the adult courts. Nationally, we leverage the lessons from our direct service to transform the justice system through partnerships, advocacy, and elevating the experience and power of those most impacted.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative, confident and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment. With our bold, ambitious goals this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to have a significant impact on how this country responds to violence and engages healing.
The Digital Media Manager is an experienced graphic design and digital media generalist reporting to the Director of Communications. She or he will design original, creative materials, publications and products, as well as manage all digital media platforms essential to our communications with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will maximize our ability to build a digital base think critically and creatively about digital media strategies and campaigns, promote innovative thinking in the victim services field, and create opportunities for productive communication between advocates, activists, healers, and survivors. With our long-range focus on narrative change, this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to have a significant impact on how this country responds to violence and incarceration and engages healing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create precise, concise, and modern designs that align with our branding aesthetic;
- Expand our brand, including impactful and fit-for-purpose publications, web and social media graphics/design, and merchandise;
- Ensure our communication outputs are of a high standard, while responding to the needs of target audiences and key stakeholders;
- Ensure that social media content on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media mediums are regularly updated in order to maximize the impact of our social media presence.
- Raise social media awareness, increase followers, and build a movement focused on alternatives to incarceration, new methods of addressing violence, and strategies for integrating the United for Healing Equity model into the national landscape
- Update and maintain both Common Justice and United for Healing Equity websites, increase site visibility and traffic;
- Design and produce monthly emails to listserv; produce monthly reports regarding open- and click-rate; present and execute strategic plans to increase both;
- Collaborate on the production of both print materials and products, including the ability to create and manage effective production calendars, and develop and maintain ongoing relationships with consultants/ vendors.
Common Justice seeks a candidate with the following qualities, skills and experience:
- A passion for, and working knowledge of, social justice issues;
- BA/BS degree Communications, Digital Media, Public Relations or equivalent field (candidates without formal education will be considered based on experience and portfolio);
- At least 3 years professional experience in graphic design and digital media, as well as experience with digital/print/video media relations (established connections are preferred);
- Experience in layout, design, website development, social media and creative writing;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design social media campaigns with measurable results; demonstrated ability to set and execute strategy;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media;
- Extensive experience with the full Adobe Creative Suite – including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional;
- Working knowledge of industry leading software (requirements listed above), technologies, and platforms, including a generalized web facility (defined here as the ability to navigate, use and troubleshoot online tools and platforms such as social media, Squarespace, Sprout/Hootsuite, and MailChimp);
- Ability to present new design and campaign concepts verbally and visually to leadership and stakeholders;
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How to Apply:
Send below to email@example.com
- writing sample
- link to portfolio
- cover letter
Common Justice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status. Common Justice values diverse experiences, including regarding educational background and justice system involvement. We depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.